Do you do yoga regularly? Have you ever tried restorative yoga? Restorative yoga refers to a physical activity that entails six different yoga poses. This activity helps to relax the mind as well as the rest of the body.
How To Do Restorative Yoga Efficiently
For one to experience the immense benefits of relaxing yoga, you must do it right. Here is a useful guide on how to approach this unique kind of yoga.
- Practice the yoga poses atop a yoga mat; one of the best ways to practice a yoga sequence is to use a yoga mat. The yoga mat cushions your body against a hard surface. Consequently, it reduces the risk of sustaining an injury.
- Dry the floor before you begin; One mistake people make is working atop a wet surface. Remember that yoga poses are about balancing the body. A wet surface only increases the risk of getting injured.
- Create a fitness plan; Restorative yoga involves different yoga poses. Notable poses include Savasana, happy baby pose, hero pose, to mention but just a few.
Therefore you ought to have a strict schedule. The plan must specify when you’ll try out a given yoga pose. Ensure that you include different yoga poses in that fitness. It’s essential to resist the temptation only to try out your favorite yoga positions.
- Maintain slow movement pace, as hinted before relaxing yoga postures aim at relaxing the body. Therefore, you must ensure that you maintain a slow but calculated pace.
3 Recommendable Restorative Yoga Poses For Beginners
- Corpse pose; as the name suggests, the yoga pose involves ‘acting dead.’ One should lie facing upwards on top of a thick yoga mat. After that, straighten your legs and arms on top of the yoga mat. Remain in that relaxed position for between 5 to ten minutes.
- Happy baby pose; most yoga experts rate this as the most relaxing yoga pose. Lie on your back on top of an even surface. After that, bend your knees upwards such that the backside of the toes face upwards. Exhale slowly, as you grip the outside of your feet with your hands. Gently, open your knees somewhat wider to exert some pressure on your back.
- Legs-up-the-wall yoga position; Lie on your back close to a wall. After that, raise your legs towards the wall such that your feet touch the wall. Then, straighten your arms along the floor. Stay in that relaxed position for between 5 to ten minutes.
Why You Should Try Restorative Yoga
Restorative yoga has numerous health benefits on the human body. Some of the key benefits include;
- Relieving one of stress; just like other forms of yoga, this kind of yoga aims to relax the mind and the muscles. Therefore, the brain relaxes, thus minimizing anxiety as well as depression.
- Relieving one of the back problems, although these yoga poses are relaxing, they strain the back. The back muscles become more rigid and flexible. Over time the yoga positions minimize extreme back pain.
- Helps prevent heart-related problems; this relaxing yoga position helps improve the circulation of blood in the body. Consequently, it ensures the smooth flow of blood in the heart.
- Apart from that, it also helps one to reduce excess weight. As a result, it helps to minimize the risk of getting severe heart-related conditions.
Thus this article consists of all the detailed explanation on How one can do the effective and helpful Restorative Yoga