Do you know the right surfing stance? How long does one take to learn the right surfing stance? Surfing can only be fun if you adopt the proper surfing stance. Lucky for you, this blog will enlighten you on the appropriate stance. You’ll see why surfing is worth your time.
Tips On The Proper Surfing Stance
- Keep your legs apart; one must maintain their legs apart during surfing. The main reason for this is to help maintain balance. Therefore, you can quickly negotiate sharp wave bends.
- Surfing foot position determines how efficient you’ll be in surfing. If you position the foot correctly, you can comfortably try even the most advanced surfing techniques.
- Spread your hands a little; additionally, you should not keep your hands together as you surf. Kindly note, that you’ll regularly negotiate large waves. Therefore, you have no choice but to maintain the right balance.
- Bend the knees during surfing; the most creative way of maintaining balance is to compress the lower body. Ensure that you bend the knees a little for both comfort and stability. The more balanced you are, the more you can accelerate as well as try out any surfing technique you please.
Advantages Of Adopting The Right Surfing Stance
There are multiple reasons why you should adopt the right surfing stance. Here are some of the outstanding reasons;
- It helps one to remain stable; stability primarily relies on the surfing stance. For this reason, you ought to adopt a position that facilitates balance. One such surfing stance is to keep your legs apart.
- For comfort reasons, if you assume a wrong sporting stance, you get tired very quickly. Therefore, it makes sense to adopt the right surfing position. For example, back foot surfing strains the leg muscles.
- To make surfing easier; It is essential to adopt the right surfing position to prevent straining. This explains why you should bend your knees. Ensure that the knees are pointing towards each other.
- To boost mobility; Surfing demands one to remain as flexible as possible. The most effective way of enhancing mobility is to be stable. Once you’re flexible and stable, you can shift the body accordingly.
- To keep you safe and risk-free, if you adopt a wrong surfing position, you’re likely to strain the muscles. Surfing involves various turns as well as movements. Therefore unless you’re stable and flexible, you might tear a given tissue.
Why You Need A Surfing Trainer
As mentioned before, surfing can be extremely dangerous. Therefore, it always helps to be under the tutelage of an expert. He or she will help you adopt the right position. Apart from that, he will expose you to various surfing techniques.
In conclusion, surfing ought to be a fun-filled water sport. Therefore, you must ensure that you assume an efficient surfing position. This strategy will help ensure that you remain safe as well as active. No surfer would desire to sustain an injury. Beginners must always ensure an expert accompanies them. Professional surfers are usually perfect at maintaining the right surfing position. You, too, could become an expert; just follow the correct instructions.