Massage therapies are still very popular due to their calming results and benefits. They are not a new practice but have been there for ages. If we talk about it in a nutshell, massages help you to reduce stress and pain, and who wouldn’t like this? If you have a habit of doing a workout at the gym or home, you must have suffered from pain at times. Going for a massage is a good idea to deal with the pain and relax your body. But the question is, which is best- getting a massage before the workout or after ? To know this, let’s dig deeper into the information.
Each of the two massages, be it pre-workout or post-workout, serve a different need and benefit. They improve the condition of your body differently and help you to feel general results like:
- Improvement in blood circulation
- Relieving tension and stress
- Increasing flexibility
- Reduces scar left after an injury or accident
- Reduces swelling and congestion in your body
- Promotes healing
- Improving overall health and confidence
Benefits Of Massage Before The Workout
The benefits are:
- Going for a massage before a workout, will allow your muscles to warm up and get stretched.
- It improves the amount of flexibility in your body.
- It also brings you in the right state of mind so that you do not feel distracted while doing the workout.
Not only this, but there are psychological benefits of getting a massage before the workout.
- It includes a reduced amount of stress, tension, and anxiety.
- The massage leaves you relaxed and focused, which helps you to put all your efforts and mind while doing the exercise.
- By being focused, you can always get the most out of your workout sessions.
- It also improves your confidence and drives you to do your best in the exercises that you perform.
However, you must keep this in mind. The massage taken should be gentle with light strokes. There should be no work on deep tissue as it can cause muscle soreness and tightness if done before any sporting activity. It will hurt your performance when you later do the workout. The ideal duration of the pre-workout massage is 30 minutes.
Benefits Of Massage After Workout
Alternatively, you can also go for a massage after completing your workout session. Its main aim is to reduce muscle inflammation and fatigue in your body. The intent is also to bring back the flexibility in your body. It has got several other benefits:
- Massage after the workout helps you to reduce muscle soreness by controlling the inflammation in your body.
- It lessens your recovery time by speeding up the recovery of body cells.
However, you must note that the massage should be taken as soon as possible after the workouts. It can delay the onset of muscle soreness in your body by a massive percentage.
So this is it about the benefits of having a massage before the workout and after a workout. You can choose either of them as per your body needs and convenience. Just be sure about choosing the right one out of these to prepare your body for huge success ahead.