Are you a professional skier? What is your favorite ski abs exercise? Technically, there are multiple abs exercises that you can try. You ought to cheer up as you’ve finally landed on the right article for you. This attention-grabbing blog will teach you the right way to do this form of exercise.
How An Ambitious Professional Skier Does A Ski Abs Exercise
If you’re an ambitious skier, then you’ll find the below skier workouts useful. Here is the right way to go about this form of exercise.
- Begin in a plank position; you should assume a plank position to begin a ski abs workout. Ensure that your arms are straight above your upper body. Additionally, you must equally ensure that your wrists are directly below your shoulders.
- Ensure that your head remains in a neutral position; one mistake that some skiers make is crunching the neck. Please ensure your neck is in a neutral position to avoid fatigue. It would be best if you resisted the urge to hunch the shoulders up.
- Stretch out your core; by now, you must have known that a ski abs exercise targets the core. Therefore most of the energy is only likely to come from the abdominal area. Try as much as possible to engage the muscles by contracting your abdomen a little.
- Hop your feet towards the right; the next important step is to hop the feet towards the right side of the body. Ensure you bend the knees such that they’re just adjacent to the respective elbows.
- Kindly ensure that your torso remains parallel to the flow to avoid overstretching the abdominal muscles. You can only rely on the abdominals for balance.
- Return to the original plank position; after the previous step, jump back to the initial plank position. The repeat the steps, again to better strain all the target muscles. However, this time around move both feet to the left instead.
Repeat these steps at least 4-5 times. Experts recommend that you take deep breathes before you start this exercise. This will help you, to work out seamlessly for a reasonable duration.
Common Mistakes Some Professional Skier Make
The unfortunate reality is that some professional skier error in doing a ski abs exercise. Below are some of the mistakes that you must avoid.
- Not straightening their hands while assuming a plank position; as mentioned above this form of exercise targets several muscles. Key among these muscles include the biceps as well as triceps. Therefore you ought to keep your hands straight to strain the target body muscles.
- Not taking a deep breath at the beginning; you need to take a few deep breathes before you try out this workout. As you’ll soon realize the exercise is highly strenuous. Therefore, you may quickly lose your breathe hence tire faster.
- Not engaging the core; a ski abs workout primarily targets the abdominal area. For this reason, you have no choice but to engage the core. Please contact your core softly to strain the abdominal muscles.
- Crunching the neck; one should ensure that the neck remains in a neutral position. No wonder such skiers find this workout too strenuous. Do not overstretch the neck muscles, relax as well as keep your back flat.